Application to the Graduate/Professional Certificate in Global Health Online requires the following:
- Complete the online certificate program application. Please note that the application includes a personal statement (maximum 350 words total) that asks you to address the following:
- Describe your global health interests, motivation to undertake the certificate, and previous global health experiences (please include relevant field experiences and/or course work).
- Describe your career goals related to global health.
- Describe how you plan to use the skills obtained in the certificate program to improve the health of people in underserved populations.
- Applications are accepted year-round; through July 15 for Fall semester and through December 1 for Spring semester.
- Click HERE to be taken to the application portal.
- Submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) as pdf email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. You may request to have copies of these transcripts sent from your primary UW-Madison degree program administrator to the SMPH Office of Global Health (email@example.com) and do not need to request official transcripts directly from prior educational institutions unless you prefer to do so.
Students who already hold an undergraduate degree in Global Health from UW-Madison should not apply for the graduate/professional certificate, but are encouraged to contact the SMPH Office of Global Health to discuss other options for staying involved in global health activities.