How to Apply
Application to the Graduate/Professional Certificate in Global Health Online requires the following:
- Complete the online certificate program application. Please note that the application includes a personal statement (maximum 350 words total) that asks you to address the following:
- Describe your global health interests, motivation to undertake the certificate, and previous global health experiences (please include relevant field experiences and/or course work).
- Describe your career goals related to global health.
- Describe how you plan to use the skills obtained in the certificate program to improve the health of people in underserved populations.
- Applications will be accepted January 15-April 30 each year for the following fall semester. Please check this website in early January for updated application information.
- Submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) as pdf email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. You may request to have copies of their transcripts sent from your primary UW-Madison degree program administrator to the SMPH Office of Global Health (email@example.com) and do not need to request official transcripts from prior educational institutions.
Students who already hold an Undergraduate Certificate in Global Health from UW-Madison should not apply for the graduate/professional certificate, but are encouraged to contact the SMPH Office of Global Health to discuss other options for staying involved in global health activities.