Are you interested in a test drive of the global health certificate?
Check out the bottom of this page at Professional Degrees and Certificates
“These courses and field experience were no doubt the highest quality contribution to my own continuing education and lifelong learning that I've experienced.”Julie Kreunen, RD (BS, ’95)
How to Apply
Eligibility for the Capstone Certificate in Global Health Online requires, at a minimum, that you have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and have a demonstrable interest in global health.
Application to the Capstone Certificate in Global Health Online requires the following:
- Complete the online certificate program application. Please note that the application includes a personal statement (maximum 350 words total) that asks you to address the following:
- Describe your global health interests, motivation to undertake the certificate, and previous global health experiences (please include relevant field experiences and/or course work).
- Describe your career goals related to global health.
- Describe how you plan to use the skills obtained in the certificate program to improve the health of people in underserved populations.
- Applications are accepted year-round; through July 15 for Fall semester and through December 1 for Spring semester.
- Click HERE to be taken to the application portal.
- Complete the UW-Madison Professional Degrees and Certificates (PDC) application for special student status and qualification for potential admission to the global health capstone certificate. Click HERE to be taken to the PDC application portal.
- If English is not your primary language and you did not earn a bachelor degree from a program taught entirely in English, you must submit evidence of English language proficiency. The required proficiency scores are: TOEFL IBT 92, PBT 580; or IELTS 7.0. Submit documentation of having met one of these criteria as a pdf email attachment to programs coordinator Betsy Teigland at email@example.com (or via the postal address listed below).
- Submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) as pdf email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org (or via the postal address listed below).
- Submit transcripts from all post-high school/post-secondary schools attended. Official transcripts should be requested from your prior educational institutions with instructions that they be sent to:
Betsy Teigland, Programs Coordinator
Office of Global Health
UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health
1191F Health Sciences Learning Center
750 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705-2221
— or —
By email to email@example.com
Students who already hold an Undergraduate Certificate or undergraduate degree in Global Health from UW-Madison should not apply for the capstone certificate, but can contact the SMPH OGH or the campus Global Health Institute to discuss other options for staying involved in global health activities.